Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Verizon or Alltel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Verizon or Alltel

    Which company provides the best service in the Big Stone Gap, Wise, Norton Area?
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    Unchained has Alltel. I have Verizon. We live in Norton.
    I can get a signal in our house 90% of the time. He can't get one 90% of the time.

    We're changing to a Verizon family plan this month.

    I've heard Alltel is better in BSG, but that's about the only area.

    Also, the minutes on Verizon don't count when you call another Verizon customer, and I think this applies to Verizon land-lines too (most folks around here have Verizon land-lines).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lb_Balla33's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    i have alltel and like it pretty good..
    i got free nights and weekends (free after 9), and its free if you call another alltel number.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/TheGreatOne/221_2127.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    Alltel by far......
    They have better phones too....
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    We just can't emphasize how much we hate the Alltel service.
    When we're standing in the same spot in the same house, and I'm the only one that can get a signal (using basically the same model phone), that's pretty aggravating.

    Unchained will get a call on his phone, but there's only enough signal for the phone to ring (the ring is at a lower wave-length signal), not to actually make the call, so he'll have to use my phone to call that person back.

    Both my sisters went to Verizon. I've used Verizon for about 7 years and you couldn't pay me to go to Alltel.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    I'm saying Verizon. I've almost been with them for 3 years. Can't argue with the service. They also have great customer service, etc...

    and for Xplaya.... both phone company's have the exact same phones. One doesn't have better phones than the other. Maybe inside their showrooms. But all you have to do is go get the phone you want from anywhere and get them to put the service on it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    Right - they are the same phones...they just put a little Alltel or Verizon logo on the front of them. They're not made by Verizon or Alltel.

    And I do really like the Verizon customer service. If I think there's an issue with my bill or anything they always correct it right away.

    Most Verizon stores allow a 15-day test run on their phones.
    These days they (Verizon & Alltel both) allow preliminary test runs without a contract to see if the service will work for you.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    I do have to add to elp6n's post.....I can pick up a signal EVERYTIME I am at their house, and I have Alltel. Why Unchained can't I have no clue, I have an LG flip phone not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Almost all areas I have good reception. Better than dad's which is Verizon, for some odd reason between the BSG exits he can't pick up a signal.

    I have the family plan with alltel, 75 a month, nights and weekends start at 7 instead of 9, unlimited mobile to mobile (if you have the alltel services), and unlimited home calling (you choose what number you want)....We love it. But my dad is satisfied with his verizon service.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    Uh, I have an LG flip phone too. Have you brought your's inside the house?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon or Alltel

    Alltel without a doubt. My phone picks up just about anywhere with a good signal. The only place I can not seem to get a signal is toward pound clintwood. My friend has a phone that will pick up in these areas. His even got a signal in the middle of nowhere KY.
    crack is whack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •